Work At Uprawr
Job title - Street Team Manager & Event Manager.
Location - Birmingham, Head Office.
Expected hours - 20 - 35
Salary - Competitive
Birmingham Club Night
Total UPRAWR are an internationally recognized alternative events business. Having appeared and been part of national events such as DOWNLOAD, SLAM DUNK and GROEZROCK; as well as their own successful club events in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and many more.
They are looking for a new Street Team Manager & Event Manager to join the team in taking over the promotion and running of the UPRAWR Birmingham club night.
- Recruiting and managing a diligent street team.
- Distribution of posters.
- Set up and running of Uprawr club nights.
- Confident, enthusiastic and personable.
- Eager to learn.
- Must know and understand the alternative music scene.
- Must be active in the Birmingham nightlife scene.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Well organised and structured in approach.
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Drivers license and happy to drive to work or live near Birmingham City Centre.
- Must have access to own laptop.
- Attended (don't need to have finished) University.
- Used to working with targets.
- Previous sales/marketing experience.
- Handled small financial payouts.
- Previously worked with event production.
- Basic experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Flexible hours – minimum 2 days a week + Saturday nights.
This is a ‘hands-on’role with responsibility falling to yourself to get the job done.
There is a lot of heavy lifting & carrying equipment.
You must be happy going up a ladder.
You will personally distribute flyers, which can involve late nights and doing it on your own.
Distribution of posters is also performed on your own.
Your primary purpose is to promote and increase attendance.
The objective is to grow into a full time position.
You will be required to attend the UPRAWR Head Office in Birmingham one day a week to plan Street Team promotion.
Street Team Management
Recruit and manage a diligent street team.
Ensure that all relevant events taking place in the city have a member of the street team handing out flyers.
You will personally flyer one event a week.
Flyering University Halls / Postering
One day a week you will either flyer University halls or distribute posters for upcoming events in Birmingham and surrounding towns.
You will set-up and run the UPRAWR club nights.
You will liaise fully and professionally with all staff.
Hospitality will be organised and delivered by yourself to guests of the club night; including music industry and band members.
There will be some financial responsibilities on the night.
Appropriate training, management and guidance will be provided dependent on the successful candidate.
Your primary purpose in this role is to promote and increase attendance.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph about why you'd be good at this job along with the following info:
Do you drive?
Are you at uni? what one?
Have you finished/ left uni? What one?
How long have you been coming to UPRAWR?
What other clubs nights do you go to?
Who do you prefer jack or lewis (jack will be reading you emails)
Hope to see you soon!